Get free 4th grade library lesson plans and activities for Game Changers by signing up here:
These free 4th grade library lesson plans and activities are just a small sampling of what the Picture Book Brain Trust has to offer! Do you like the lessons? Do you want access to HUNDREDS of library lessons, read alouds, and other resources?
Subscribe to the Picture Book Brain Trust
Joining the Picture Book Brain Trust goes beyond our free 4th grade library resources. It offers YEARS of Common Core-aligned lesson plans for grades K-8. You’ll also be able to download our wildly popular Mock Caldecott competition units, editable lesson plans, monthly book giveaways and MORE!
What’s in this Elementary Lesson Plans Membership?
As a member, you get access to:
- Over 450 books with a week of lessons per book for grades K-8 – OVER 1800 LESSONS!
- Each lesson includes:
- week-long lesson plan
- discussion questions
- comprehension questions
- suggested discussion strategies
- reading response pages and graphic organizers
- anchor chart ideas
- Google Slides for teacher or student use
- Google Docs and Slides response pages
- Digital graphic organizers
- Over 200 lessons available in Spanish and English
- Private members-only community forums to share ideas, collaborate, problem-solve and chat
- Monthly Member Calls + Book Giveaways!
- More Free Time, Less Time Planning
- Immediate access to all new lesson plans added monthly
- Common Core Standards and suggested discussion strategies for EVERY lesson
- Materials for online, in-person and virtual teaching
- Members only community to chat and share ideas with other elementary librarians, library media specialists, teachers, and educators
Each lesson features objectives, I can statements, step-by-step script, discussion questions, assessments, anchor charts ideas and utilizes a gradual release of responsibility framework. Most lessons can be completed in-person offline, virtually or in a blended learning model. All materials are designed to help enhance student learning.
30 Minute Library Lesson Plans
Each lesson is designed to last approximately 30-40 minutes depending on the length of your lesson time. Additionally, you can edit and rework parts for your specific students because no one knows your students like YOU do. The focus on books helps make lifelong readers through a variety of fiction and nonfiction lessons. Whether you need a library lesson plan for Kindergarten or an upper elementary library lesson plan, the Picture Book Brain Trust lesson plan library has you covered!
Help for Teachers, Librarians and MORE!
Not an elementary school librarian? Maybe you’re a teacher librarian, a teacher or a parent. Get what 25,000+ teachers, librarians and parents in the regular classroom setting, library and home are already using!
Our lessons make great library sub plans, English language arts sub plans, or Spanish language arts lessons too. The lesson plans are in an easy-to-understand format and are ready to go. Also, they are written with ELLs and second language learners in mind.