THE PICTURE BOOK BRAIN TRUST IS ACCEPTING MEMBERS
JOIN FOR JUST
$1 FOR 30 DAYS
Spend less time planning and more time doing what you love!
Do you spend your nights and weekends working on your lesson plans? I know I used to. I’d spend Sundays “with” my family. Really, I was in their presence, but I was thinking about my classroom working on my computer while my family talked and visited each other. It sucked.
I had NO idea what books I should read to my students. There are so many books in the library and looking all over Pinterest and Google for great books to read with my students for read alouds and guided reading took forever.
I didn’t know how to engage my student with digital tools. I could do it pretty well with math, but I struggled to take learning with physical books and engage my students even more with digital tools in literacy.
I figured out how to take back my weekends, always know the perfect book to read and use digital tools with my students.
I made lesson plans for over 400 books and read countless more that didn’t make the cut. These plans hit all of the standards. They engage students with digital tools, and they are for classic and new books that you may not have even heard of yet! I’m still reading books, and constantly adding new plans because I’m just obsessed with picture books! That’s why…
I did this all with my lesson plan templates that I’ve made connected to the Common Core standards.
I am so excited to invite you to join the Picture Book Brain Trust community!
- Over 500 lessons for grades K-5
- Each lesson includes:
- week-long lesson plan
- discussion questions
- comprehension questions
- suggested discussion strategies
- reading response pages and graphic organizers
- anchor chart ideas
- Over 500 digital lessons:
- Google Slides for teacher or student use
- Google Docs and Slides response pages
- Digital graphic organizers
- Over 200 lessons available in Spanish and English
- Private members-only community forums to share ideas, collaborate, problem-solve and chat
- More Free Time, Less Time Planning
- Immediate access to all new lesson plans added monthly
ACT NOW! THE FREE TRAINING SPECIAL GOES AWAY 24 HOURS AFTER JOINING THE TRAINING!
Over 1,000 5-star reviews on Teacher Pay Teachers. See what other teachers have said about the lesson plans and the students they’ve used them with.
Why would teachers sign up for something like this?
- Is it expensive? NO! You can get 30 days for $1! Cancel any time. I’m a teacher too. I get it. What price do you put on your time? Time you could be spending with your kids. Time you could be binging your favorite Netflix show and actually pay attention to it. Time to read a book for you. Looking at the price of this program it works out to about 4 Starbucks coffees a month if you sign up for the monthly plan. It’s 3 coffees with the yearly plan.
- What makes this program different? I looked around. There are similar programs, and they cost more than DOUBLE. A lot of those websites aren’t continuously adding new books like I will be. Others don’t offer the community aspect. Others don’t have digital materials for distance learning or bilingual/dual immersion.
- Can I cancel if I don’t like it? I really doubt that you won’t like this. I’m pouring my soul into it. If you aren’t satisfied, though, you can definitely cancel at any time.
- Will I really have less lesson planning? If you’re on this page, I can almost guarantee you’ve gotten at least 2 of my lesson plans. How were they to use? Pretty much just print and go, I hope. If you weren’t quite sure how to use them, I’m going to be offering trainings on how to use them to help you use them or use them better.
- What if you don’t have a lesson plan I want? There’s a Request a Lesson Plan forum where you can request a lesson plan for any book you’re interested in and the lesson plan will be made for you!
Are you ready to join me and this group of educators?
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of joining the Picture Book Brain Trust?
The Picture Book Brain Trust will help you reclaim all that time you used to spend planning lessons. Access lessons that have already been made for you for HUNDREDS of picture books with discussion questions, and activities ready to print or share via Google Classroom, Microsoft Word/Powerpoint or Seesaw.
When you join the Picture Book Brain Trust you will also get access to an online forum community of educators with years of experience teaching to help you find the perfect book, the perfect strategy and the perfect solution to your teacher struggles.
Distance learning or like digital resources? Access over 500 lessons with digital resources with more added each month!
Bilingual teacher? Dual immersion? Over 200 lessons available in both English and Spanish with more added each month!
What grade levels should join?
There are resources for grade levels Kindergarten through 5th grade. The majority of resources are for Kindergarten, first, second, and third grade. New resources will be added monthly.
Are the lessons aligned to standards?
Yes! All lessons are aligned to the Common Core State Standards with “I can…” statements already provided.
What kinds of books are the lessons for?
You name the picture book genre, I’ll bet I have it. Classic picture books to books published this year. Caldecott, Pura Belpre, Coretta Scott King, and other award-winning books. Fiction and non-fiction books. English and Spanish. You’ll also be able to provide input and feedback about which new lessons I add each month.
Is this for me?
- If you want to stop having Sunday Not-So-Funday because you’re lesson planning, this is for you.
- If you want easy-to-follow lessons that you can print and go, this is for you.
- If you want to hear about amazing new books to read to your students and not have to do the planning for it, this is for you.
- If you want access to a community of educators who love books as much as you (or more) who can save you the time of searching for the just right picture book, this is for you.
- If you want access to over $1,500 worth of resources for a low monthly, yearly or lifetime price, THIS IS FOR YOU.
Worried about joining and not being satisfied with the purchase? I believe in this so much, I’m offering you access to years of my work and the community FOR JUST $1! My grandfather and my dad always told me to do it right the first time or you’ll have to do it again. I did this right and it’s only going to get better. Buy with confidence!